Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Motel Show

"Since I found it I've known only the call of the ocean"
Placeholder, can't find pictures from actual show










For the hotel installation, I made an idol/ tribal fetish and placed it under the sink. The theme of the show was secrets and I wanted to make something that had a primitive and supernatural feel.

The idol was made from a combination of clay, oyster shells, twine, cloth, wood and brown paper. The idol had a slightly human shape to give it a much more eerie appearance.






Research:


I looked at a lot of tribal fetishes for this piece. I wanted to get something that had the look of being haphazardly put together with parts lying around.





Also this:



H.P. Lovecraft was into and wrote heavily about things of a weird supernatural nature.


No comments:

Post a Comment