Friday, April 25, 2014

Hallway installation

My sense was touch ( sorry bad pictures) and for this piece I wanted to create something that gave you sense of anxiety. Oyster shells are a bit disturbing, there are wooden prods sticking out at you, it smells bad. When you entered there was a sense of your space being attacked.













Research:


The only thing I did in terms of research was explore the materials I had on hand. The oyster shells were given to me by a friend during a cookout. I kept the shells thinking I could do something with them, not knowing exactly what. Upon examining the shells I found that they possessed very rough and sharp texture. Their smell was also slightly nauseating and made me not want to handle them at all. These observation would eventually lead me to use theses shells in my theme for touch and creating an anxious environment for the viewer to step in.

No comments:

Post a Comment